About the position
We continue to grow during these unprecedented times. Reflexions is seeking a forward-looking, Mid-level Full Stack Web Developer with 3 to 5 years of broad experience who's eager to learn in a supportive team environment.
You will become a key member of the team, allowing us to expand our capabilities and take on more challenging projects. You will support other members of the team, for the time being in a fully remote capacity.
The position requires a strong working knowledge of software and web development best-practices including MVP design patterns, security, test-driven development, and performance. We are looking for a lifelong learner; someone who is regularly curious about emerging technologies and web standards.
Reflexions is a team of innovators and creative technologists who are passionate about designing and engineering compelling digital experiences for clients around the world.
Since 1999, our New York-based team has successfully helped clients transform their organizations for the digital age. We've performed mission-critical advisory services, reengineered and delivered comprehensive new customer experiences, and launched hundreds of digital responsive websites, platforms and products . Our clients have included startups, large US and international transit systems, Fortune 50 companies and not for profit & advocacy organizations.
What you'll do
- Develop next-generation web and mobile experiences using emerging toolsets and frameworks
- Collaborate closely with other development, design and customer-facing team members
- Produce clean, readable code with corresponding documentation
- Participate in code reviews
- Collaborate closely with our Quality Assurance team to understand, refine, and verify test cases
- Occasionally meet with clients (remotely) to understand their needs and propose technical solutions
What we're looking for
- Must be willing to work in a closely knit team environment and must demonstrate a passion for solving business problems with technology
- Experience with test driven development including unit testing, automated functional testing with Selenium, and/or supporting a QA team with acceptance test suites
- Working understanding of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and software design principles
- Familiarity or experience with GraphQL, Docker, and Php be a plus.
- Familiarity with devops with Google Cloud using Kubernetes be a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, similar technical degree, or an impressive GitHub profile
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Curiosity with an eagerness to learn quickly on the job
- Good collaborator and ability to excel in a team setting
- A strong work ethic and ‘can-do’ problem-solving attitude
- Attention to detail and drive to be successful
- Self-motivated and genuinely excited by technology
- Works well under pressure and can work to occasional tight deadlines
- Friendly and approachable
- Fluency in the English language
You can expect a supportive, knowledgeable, and inclusive team to help you succeed. Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability, FSA, HSA and matching 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible work from home policy
- Learning and development stipends
- Information Technology & Services
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At this time, we are unable to sponsor for this position.