About the position
At Reflexions, we have worked for over 20 years in partnership with clients to design, architect, build, and support world-class mobile and web platforms for a diverse portfolio of organizations, including the MTA(OMNY), WMATA, The Shade Store, Housing Works, Governors Island, Watson Foundation, and James Beard Foundation.
We foster a professional, collaborative, and supportive environment where we learn, deliver great work, have fun and enjoy good work life balance. We are a strong proponent of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We seek to build on our team that includes and promotes employees of different gender, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
The position requires a strong working knowledge of software and web development best practices, including security, and performance. The ideal candidate will be curious to expand their skills and understanding of emerging trends, platforms, and technologies.
This role is fully remote, with the opportunity to become hybrid in the future (for NY-based applicants).
What you'll do
- Apply industry best practices and techniques to design, develop, test, deploy, support and maintain complex web applications based on business requirements, using approved technologies and coding standards.
- Enhance and support world class e-commerce and mobile sites as well as sales, operations, intranet and internal web applications.
- Produce clean, readable code with corresponding documentation, and be able to lead/clarify code evolution in code reviews.
- Collaborate closely with development, UX/UI design, product, QA and customer-facing team members to determine requirements and provide solutions.
- Be curious and stay up-to-date on the latest technologies and methodologies.
What we're looking for
- Experience creating complex MySQL queries.
- Experience using and/or designing both internal and 3rd party APIs
- E-Commerce experience is a real plus.
- Willing to work in a team environment and demonstrate a passion for solving business problems with technology.
- Experience with testing and collaborating with QA team.
- Working understanding of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and software design principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, similar technical degree, technical experience or an impressive GitHub profile.
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Curiosity with an eagerness to learn quickly on the job
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good collaborator and ability to excel in a team setting
- Attention to detail and drive to succeed
- Self-motivated and genuinely excited by technology
- Work well under pressure and committed to meeting occasional tight deadlines
- Friendly and approachable
You can expect a supportive, knowledgeable, and inclusive team to help you succeed. Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary of $90,000 to $120,000, commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability, FSA, HSA and 401(k) retirement plan with match
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible work from home policy
- Learning and development stipends
- Reflexions is currently 100% work-from-home.
- If you are accepted for this position, we will supply you with necessary computer hardware/software
Employment Type--Full-time Work location–Currently remote
Reflexions is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law.