About the position
We continue to grow during these unprecedented times. Reflexions is seeking a forward-looking QA Engineer with 2+ years of broad experience who is eager to learn in a supportive team environment.
You will become a key member of the team, allowing us to expand our capabilities and take on more challenging projects. You will support other members of the team, for the time being in a fully remote capacity.
You will need to be curious about expanding your own skill set, and about emerging trends in QA and development platforms and technologies.
What you'll do
- Able to identify automatable features and create automation scripts for repeated tasks in your feature areas and debug the automation failures on a regular basis.
- Convert manual test scripts into automated test cases for next-generation web and mobile experiences using emerging toolsets and frameworks
- Develop and execute automated test cases to validate business requirements and system stability
- Collaborate closely with development, project management, design, and customer-facing team members
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to find defects, report bugs and possible debugging during each sprint cycle to ensure that our products work correctly.
- Collaborate closely with our Development and PM team to understand, refine, and verify test cases
- Occasionally meet with clients (remotely during Covid-19 outbreak) to understand their needs and propose technical solutions
- Experience with test driven development including unit testing, manual testing, and automated functional testing with Selenium or similar headless tooling.
- Contribute learnings back to the overall QA team through documentation, and code reviews, and possibly group presentations.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle, preferably Agile
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, similar technical degree, or work experience and references
- Must be willing to work in a closely knit team environment and must demonstrate a passion for solving business problems with technology
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Curiosity with an eagerness to learn quickly on the job
- Good collaborator and ability to excel in a team setting
- A strong work ethic and ‘can-do’ problem-solving attitude
- Attention to detail and drive to be successful
- Self-motivated and genuinely excited by technology
- Works well under pressure and can work to occasional tight deadlines
- Friendly and approachable
You can expect a supportive, knowledgeable, and inclusive team to help you succeed. Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA and 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible work from home policy
- Learning and development stipends