About the position
Are you a developer with your finger on the latest technologies and frameworks? Are you particular about code quality and presentation? Does coding without testing make you cry a little?
Reflexions is seeking a Senior Developer with broad experience who's eager to learn and play a mentorship role in a supportive team environment.
You will become a key member of our engineering team, allowing us to expand our capabilities and take on more challenging projects. You will support other members of the team as well as take the lead on both new and ongoing projects.
What you'll be doing
- Designing, coding, testing and analyzing new and existing mobile and web-based applications for brand-name clients
- Conducting research on emerging application development software products and packages, languages, and standards in support of development efforts
- Preparing technical documentation for end-user training
- Creating new open source packages and improving existing packages
- Collaborating with other developers about creative solutions to challenging tasks
What we're looking for
- Must be willing to work in a closely knit team environment and must demonstrate a passion for solving business problems with technology
- Expert-level knowledge of PHP
- Deep understanding of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and software design principles.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with UNIX/Linux
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, similar technical degree, or an impressive GitHub profile
- Experience with modern MVC architectures such as Laravel, CodeIgniter, Symfony, Django, or Rails
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks such as React and/or Vue.js
- Experience using modern CSS, e.g. Sass, CSS Modules, Tailwind CSS
- Experience with test driven development (unit, acceptance and functional testing)
- Agile management methodology
- Github (feature branches, pull requests, and code reviews)
- Codeception, Enzyme, Jest, Nightwatch, PHPUnit, or similar for testing
- Continuous integration and deployment
- Devops - Ansible, Apache HTTPD, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, Nginx, NodeJS, etc.
- AWS, Google Cloud and other scalable cloud-based technologies
- Experience with automated deployment and Linux server administration
- Experience with application architecture, 12-factor app, and SOLID principles
- Experience with design patterns such as Dependency Injection, Active Record, Factory, Singleton, etc.
- Ability to excel in a team setting
- Passion for software development, learning and growing your craft, strong work ethic, attention to detail and drive to be successful
- Self-motivated and genuinely excited by technology
- Works well under pressure and can work to occasional tight deadlines
- Fantastic communication skills
- Friendly and approachable
- A strong work ethic and ‘can-do’ problem-solving attitude
- Fluency in the English language
- Willing to travel to client sites as required
You can expect a supportive, knowledgeable, and inclusive team to help you succeed. Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible work from home policy
- Team lunches 3x a week
- Learning and development stipends
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- A stocked kitchen and drinks fridge
- Pet-friendly office